Question 1 - What we can't fund
We are not able to fund any of the following:
- one-off or annual events e.g. festivals and galas or short terms activities that only run for a few weeks
- feasibility studies
- generic or mass mailing fundraising appeals
- activity that takes place overseas including trips and overseas emergency appeals
- monuments and public works of art
- endowment appeals
- campaigning and lobbying, if that is your organisation’s main activity
- rescue and emergency organisations e.g. mountain or sea rescue and air ambulances
- salaries for specific posts
- new organisations that don’t have a track record of service delivery and/or have not yet submitted an annual return to the Charity Commission or produced audited or independently examined accounts
- animal welfare charities e.g. sanctuaries or animal homes
Sorry, your organisation is not a good fit for us right now. Good luck with your fundraising.
Question 2 - Types of organisations
Is your organisation one of the following:
- UK registered charity
- Charitable Incorporated Organisation
- Housing Association that appears on the government’s list of Registered Providers
- exempt or excepted organisation according to the Charity Commission guidelines
Sorry, your organisation is not eligible to apply to the Foundation. We are only able to support:
- UK registered charities
- Charitable Incorporated Organisations
- Housing Associations that appear on the government’s list of Registered Providers
- Exempt or excepted organisations according to the Charity Commission guidelines
Question 3 - Activity location
Sorry, we are only able to support organisations that work inside the UK or the UKOTs. Good luck with your fundraising.
Question 4 - Timing of funding application
Sorry, we are unable to fund work that has already taken place. We do however support core costs. If this is something that your organisation needs, consider applying to us for those. See Operating/Core Cost Grants for more information.
Question 5 - Recent application?
We are only able to receive one application at a time from organisations. This means that whether or not an application is successful, the applicant will have to wait until a year has passed from the date of our email letting them know that their previous application has been successful or not, before they are eligible to apply.
Unfortunately your organisation has either received a grant or been declined by the Foundation within the past year and so is not eligible to apply again. If you would like to find out exactly when you are eligible to apply again, please call us on 020 7399 6565 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Question 6 - Funding amount